DALLAS – John Stankey, CEO of AT&T Inc. * (NYSE: T), spoke today at the JPMorgan Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference where he provided an update to shareholders.
Stankey reiterated AT&T’s orderly growth and investment strategy and did the following:
- The company continues to grow customer relationships across wireless and fiber, and feels good about the momentum it is experiencing behind its consistently simplified go-to-market strategy.
- Mobile demand as a whole remains healthy, and the AT&T market continues to find success. While the company maintains its view that the 2022 postpaid wireless demand is unlikely to repeat the 2021 level, Stankey indicated that the company sees no signs of near-term action on the demand level.
- AT&T’s fiber-building momentum continues. Stankey points out that AT&T’s combination of high-quality differentiated products, simplified pricing and an improved go-to-market strategy supports stronger acceptance levels and improved penetration rates.
- Stankey indicated that the company has been working diligently with state and local government municipalities across the country to successfully participate in the affordable connectivity program by providing affordable broadband connectivity to low-income customers. The program is aligned with AT&T’s 3-year, $ 2-billion commitment to help close the digital divide. Over time, the company also believes that these efforts can help expand the overall addressable market for broadband access as well as providing Internet for all.
- AT&T feels comfortable in managing its ability to manage inflationary pressures, affecting the economy. The company has recently introduced cautious and intentional price increases for selected legacy wireless plans, allowing customers to switch to AT & T’s best unlimited plans that offer customers more features and an improved price dynamic. The company remains on track with its cost-over transformation program as it looks to deliver an stated এর 1 billion stated goal of cutting costs this year.
* About AT&T
We help connect more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors in a meaningful way every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago today to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offer, we innovate to improve @ATT life. AT&T Inc. For more information about (NYSE: T), please visit about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.
22 2022 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. The AT&T and Globe logo is a registered trademark of AT&T Intellectual Property.
AT&T Corporate Communications
Phone: (214) 202-6630
Email: [email protected]