EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. – Global logistics company CH Robinson (NASDAQ: CHRW) today released its 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report outlining significant progress, including progress against the company’s ESG initiative towards science-linked climate goals; Progress in diversification, equity and inclusion efforts; And engage employees, customers and industry partners on environmental and social issues.
In a new report, find out how HCHRobinson supports global #climate efforts, advances #DEI and introduces a new supplier code of conduct.
This year’s ESG report highlights several achievements, including:
- The intensity of Scope 1 and 2 emissions has been reduced by 36% against the 40% target by 2025, which is 90% for the company to meet the target before 2025 and on track.
- For the first time, Scope 3 value-chain emissions have been reported as part of an industry-leading commitment to transparency in its value chain.
- An easy-to-use technology tool, Emissions has launched an end-to-end sustainable solution in the form of IQTMTo report, reduce and offset Scope 3 emissions to customers associated with their transportation supply chain
- Supporting the advancement of global climate efforts through our partnerships with the Smart Freight Center, the World Economic Forum and leading organizations that develops a book and demand chain of custody system for transportation supply chain emissions-reduction action.
- In 2021, the company and the CH Robinson Foundation donated approximately 3 million – including $ 475,000 in diversity, equity and inclusion grants – to organizations supporting communities around the world.
- Employees participating in the company’s Employee Resource Group (ERGs), which develops a variety of perspectives across the company, increased by 60%.
- Introduces a new supplier code of conduct that covers issues such as human rights, environmental responsibility and health and safety
- Accredited accreditation for ESG performance, including:
- Newsweek’s “America Most Responsible”
- Inbound Logistics’ “Green Supply Chain Partner”
- EcoVadis’ bronze medal in recognition of sustainability
- Fortune’s “Most Admired Company in the World”
- Publications continue to be aligned with the international framework to ensure accurate and consistent reporting.
“As supply chains become the front-center of our lives, the role of CH Robinson in connecting people to what they need, when they are most needed, is clearer than ever,” said Angie Freeman, chief ESG and human resources officer. “We are committed to using our people, technology and information to build resilient and efficient supply chains for our customers to keep the world moving. More importantly, we make sure we’re doing it in the right way – based on our values and working to make a positive impact on our stakeholders around the world. ”
About CH Robinson
CH Robinson solves logistical problems for companies around the world and across the industry, from simple to complex. With $ 28 billion in freight management and 20 million shipments annually, we are one of the largest logistics platforms in the world. The global suite of our services accelerates trade to deliver seamless products and services that drive the world economy. Combining our multimodal transportation management system and expertise, we use our information to deliver even smarter solutions for our 100,000 customers and 85,000 carriers. Our technology is designed by and for supply chain experts to bring faster, more meaningful improvements to our customers’ business. As a responsible global citizen, we are proud to contribute millions of dollars to support the cause that is important to our company, our foundation and our employees. For more information, visit our www.chrobinson.com (Nasdaq: CHRW).
For media search, contact:
Maria Lettman, [email protected]
To inquire about investor relations, contact:
Chuck Ives, [email protected]